Discover the Hidden Gems of Chicagoland: Unleash the Adventure with Your Buick!
Chicago and its surrounding metro area offer an exciting blend of culture, architecture, cuisine, and shopping.
From the iconic skyscrapers that make the skyline to the diverse neighborhoods teeming with things to do, the Chicago region has so much to do that fits everyone’s tastes.
While Chicago has plenty of attractions for tourists and first-time visitors, there are some hidden gems in the metro Chicagoland area for visitors and residents alike. Here are some hidden gems worth exploring in the Chicagoland area in a new Buick or GMC:
For Architecture Lovers
- Frank Lloyd Wright Home and Studio: A must-see for design lovers is the Frank Lloyd Wright Home and Studio, which is just outside of Chicago in Oak Park. Visitors can check out the birthplace of the famous architect and take a guided tour to learn more about his work and design.
- The Robie House: If you’d like to see more Frank Lloyd Wright homes, the Robie House is highly recommended. The Wright-designed home is situated in the Hyde Park neighborhood of Chicago. The beautifully-designed home is a National Historic Landmark and offers guided tours.
For Nature Enthusiasts
- Garfield Park Conservatory: Escape the hustle and bustle of the city with a trip to the Garfield Park Conservatory. Located on Chicago’s West Side, the Garfield Park Conservatory is an oasis hidden within the city. The botanical gardens feature tropical rainforests, arid deserts, and vibrant floral displays that nature lovers are sure to enjoy.
- Illinois Beach State Park: If you’re in the mood for a beach day, Illinois Beach State Park is a great bet. Located along picturesque Lake Michigan in Zion, the state park offers a beautiful beach and shoreline, hiking trails, and picnic areas.
Arts & Culture
- Ernest Hemingway Birthplace Museum: If you stop in Oak Park for the Frank Lloyd Wright Studio, you can also visit the Ernest Hemingway Birthplace Museum, the childhood home of the famous American author.
- Bahá’í House of Worship: Located in Wilmette, the Bahá’í House of Worship, also known as the “Lotus Temple,” is a hidden architectural marvel. It’s the oldest surviving Bahá’í House of Worship in the world and welcomes visitors of all backgrounds.
Destinations for Foodies
- Little India: Chicago’s Little India is a lesser-visited vibrant neighborhood offering authentic Indian cuisine, grocery stores, shops, and more.
- Evanston: Located just north of Chicago, Evanston offers an exciting culinary scene for foodies. With plenty of offerings from upscale restaurants to cozy cafes, Evanston has many diverse dining options to fit everyone’s tastes.
All of these hidden gems offer tourists and residents the chance to experience Chicago and the Chiacgoland area like Lincolnwood, Skokie, Niles, and all surrounding areas in a totally new way.
Explore the City in a Buick
Before you head out and about to explore the city, make sure you have a safe and reliable ride to get you there. Zeigler Buick GMC is your go-to dealer in the Chicagoland area — stop in today and get behind the wheel of a new Buick!